All 'true believers' seem to end up at the same place, no matter what the evidence shows. The problem arises from their not being able to grasp the concept of 'live and let live'. There seems to be this obsessive need to convert everyone else to their way of thinking, by any means necessary - example: estimated 1.3 to 3 million lives lost to the (7) Crusades.

Should Carlin be dismissed JUST because he's a comedian? We laugh because he is able to point out the absurdity of fundamental(ist) Christian beliefs in a humorous way. That doesn't automatically make him wrong.

Feeding the hungry is admirable but when you say (emphatically) that "I'm NOT a humanitarian, I'm an Evangelist", I'd say that goes to MOTIVE. Blacks in America are STILL suffering the crippling effects of religion, imposed on them during the era of slavery. They suffered unimaginable pain and hardship with the promise of a bright and happy future in the next life, while the Masters enjoyed the bounties of THIS life PLUS the promise of paradise in the next. Same religion, different folks.

I realize that you're probably never going to have a rational discussion with a 'true believer' who responds to everything with "but the Bible says......" or "but God says......", or that FAITH trumps logic, reason, scientific fact...in fact, everything. In the end, George Carlin says it all (and so well).

chas