Arrangers may be a poor substitute for VERY GOOD players, but in my part of the world the arranger players, even mediocre ones such as myself, are the folks making a good living. We work nearly every day of the week, every week of the year. Our audiences love our performances and always want more. Even down here in paradise, where GOOD musicians are a dime a dozen, the arranger keyboard players are working far more jobs. That cheesy-keyed, lightweight, plastic, cheap, silver PSR-3000 continues to provide a good living for me and my family, plus allowed me to make the trip of a lifetime.

It IS about the money! Performing with an arranger keyboard every day of the week is a JOB - not a hobby or pastime. I've worked every holiday of every year for so long that it would be difficult to recall the last time I spent ALL of Christmas Day with my family. However, it is a fun way to make a living, and I can assure everyone that in my lifetime, this is the best job I've ever had.

So, back to the original topic about styles, without which there would be no arranger keyboard. Yes, you can make them on most arranger keyboards, and with some perseverance you can make them sound as good as some of the great, third-party styles currently available. If anyone needs a song specific style for their Yamaha arranger keyboard, I suggest taking a look at the PSR-Tutorial site. If they don't have what you want, then post the song title there and request a style. Same is true for here - post the request and someone will be more than happy to provide you with a great style.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/21/13 05:55 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)