Originally Posted By: joso
Hi

My conclusion: It seems like there is two "schools" of keyboardists/entertainers.

One, those who like to play songs as close to the original songs as possible. For this styles with many instruments, specialized intros/endings etc. are required.

The other, those who like to play their own interpretation of songs. For this some few generic styles will do the job.

Just an observation
Jørgen

I tend to agree with your post. I don't want to be in denial about which group I fit into but..I also believe that music creation would require the skills of both groups.

So it is difficult for me to pick between the different arrangers when most arrangers sound great nowadays. I don't want to sell my left arm or spend $4000-$5000 just to harness the true power of the arrangers keyboards.

Since I do like Roland's BK5, Yamaha's PSR S950/s750, and Korg's PA600...the ease of creating new music/styles might be the big difference maker regarding my next purchase.

I hoped that maybe Yamaha had came up with a new approach to style creation but after downloading the Yamaha PSR-S950 Reference Manual, the PSR S950/S750 programs the same way as the S900/S700. Question answered.