Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

On the Audya, you can start with a blank style, choose any audio drum, which automatically takes care of drum intros, endings, breaks & fills.

Next, choose an audio bass by only scrolling through the hundreds of audio loops available, slightly different one for each variation. Also automatically takes care of all fill ins.

Exactly the same with ALL the other style tracks, EVERY single one of them. Just highlight, scroll, listen & select. Hundreds of loops available for each track.

On top of this, all of those instruments will play different loops for different chords without you having to do a thing...

I bet one could create a COMPLETE Audya style in less time it takes to create only one variation on the Yamaha & it will sound super professional as the pre-recorded loops takes care of that!

Henni

This method sounds a bit similar to Style Assembly, where I can choose tracks from my own personal set of donor styles, each one a little different.

It sounds far easier on the Audya, but still appears to be much the same process, although it probably is quicker (and more convenient) on the Ketron since the loops are already broken up and categorized.

BTW, Henni, I was very impressed with your huge number of style conversions available (for free) on PSR Tutorial...very good work indeed, and they are great source for me as donor styles to use (in Style Assembly) to make my own "Frankenstyles" wink as well as being played "as is".

Making a style the way Bert does in the video requires a fair amount of playing skill and knowledge of basic music arranging as well as how to set note limits and triggering (and a few other details)...using loops, as you have described on the Audya (and somewhat similarly available on the other brands), is far easier for most arranger users/buyers.

The more familiar you are with your arranger's style making features the less time it will take to make a style...of course, that is a rather obvious conclusion. blush

Ian

PS...IF, and that is a big "IF", you ever had an issue with your Audya, no matter what the cause (accidentally dropping it or something spilled into it like sugary soda) what do you have as a back-up for that scenario? Have you considered another Audya (as a back-up), since quick service doesn't appear to be available where you are?