Hi John,

I've been with Yamaha about 2 years and still think the O.S. is outdated and somewhat complicated. I fail to understand why it is necessary to push so many buttons to setup and access registrations, styles etc. I find this very time consuming and often frustrating, particularly when using third party styles as despite being very careful to set and link them to the on-board styles, some still refuse to load properly and this can be very embarrassing when playing live.
So much so, I no longer take out my Tyros, but use my faithful KN7000 for which I have a huge variety of registrations and styles from various sources and which has never failed to load in all the years I've had it.

I understand your comment about the learning curve and the need to keep up with the times, but I also understand that the Yamaha O.S. has changed very little since the original Tyros keyboard, I think that in this day and age, it should be much simpler to use. After all, you've only to look at the TVs, Internet, mobile phones and digital gadgets in general, to realise just how far behind Yamaha are with their technology.

Last year, I went to the Keyboard Cavalcade Music event at Pakefield. It had been several years since I was last there and I could see and hear a change in almost every instrument that was played. In fact, I spent a lot of my time listening to and playing the Korg PA3X keyboard which I think has been very well designed and so has the Wersi Pegasus keyboard, both instruments are much easier to operate simply because it is mostly a case of what you see, is what you get. No messing about with separate buttons for songs, styles, registrations etc.

So! for me, my vote is still with the Technics KN7000 keyboard.

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (03/02/12 04:09 PM)