John, you said:

"Bob when I first used an intro or and ending I wondered why the ensemble was not working; the ensemble did start after the intro was over. I came up with; hey this is a great idea. With all that’s going on during an intro or an ending all I want is a single note to blend in. And yes they do think ahead."

I don't think it is a great idea at all. It is unnatural to have voices abruptly shut off on the first beat of an ending, even if it is background voicing. I have been playing thru "canned" endings for years with other keyboards. In fact I still do it with my Roland AT350C and KN7000's. And, it works fine with the little microArranger. It's OK, though. I don't like long canned intros and endings anyway. Anything past four measures is too long for me. Too often, when you use them, they sound like a totally different song. So, I will probably stick with Endings 2 and 3 for the most part. I hope I will be able to take advantage of the intro and ending 1 buttons with styles I have edited without having the same problem.