Bob when I first used an intro or and ending I wondered why the ensemble was not working; the ensemble did start after the intro was over. I came up with; hey this is a great idea. With all that’s going on during an intro or an ending all I want is a single note to blend in. And yes they do think ahead.

Bob, stay with it the people who designed the keyboard were thinkers with you and I in mind. The 14 years I sat learning the Technics way of doing, now I am having to put that side; if not I am left confused.

You wrote: "I am not enamored with the way Korg stuff seems to want to make my decisions for me". I feel that is because your mind is still Technics.

I am beginning to use the STS settings (of my choice)and adding the performance area.

My #1 performance area is set up with 8 different instrument set ups; Piano – Trumpet -- Sax section –ect. That gives me a total of 8 plus 4 -12 instrument settings more than enough to add flavor to the song. If you add the song book to what you are doing you will find that you have control over many areas; for one word FANTASTIC!

Keep going Bob, John C.

PS, With Korg you can program 160 Performances (Panel Memories) to your liking; Fantastic. Unlike other keyboards I have used the majority of instrument set ups in the performance area are almost too good to change. And when you add John Smies collection you will reach a higher level of enjoyment.