Originally Posted By: AFG Music
seen discussion here, I agree with NavidSyed and Miden.

vArranger should have all options that are now present on LiveStyler and extra options posted earlier on another thread for asked price:

vArranger software need a style Sequencer with its own format too (maybe MIDI format with Markers recognition for intro-fills-variation-ends):

8-intro
8-variations
8-fills
8-Ends

-and one special guitar track (when you change chords the guitar track, change the chord like a real Guitar Chord Scale)
-and also:

1 track for loops slices (played through a midi midi sequence):

8-intro sliced loops (8 midi sequences)
8-variations sliced loops (8 midi sequences)
8-fills (8 midi sequences)
8-Ends (8 midi sequences)

and if you can not make a style Sequencer, then support for

MIDI style with markers and one track for special Guitar track and one for midi sequences for sliced loops will also be good.

then style creators can use third party Sequencer for styles,

and for slices ReCycle:

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/recycle/

and of course those options are also an opportunity for Norbert(LiveStyler) to add on LiveStyler and keep the price low as it is(for version without soundsource).

currently LivesStyler need a better Gui and some bugs fixes (for example 7/8 or 7/16 styles does not play correctly) on demo version.

and a new gui should be easily achievable for Nobert, because the software is already written, and developer can easily customize the GUI code section.

it is also important to know which language both programs are written:

becouse a good C++ software is always faster end more stable then some other languages (but it depends on the writer too).

The problem is that every arranger player has different needs and wants, those listed here are your needs and wants(mostly wants)

Personally i agree with every single one of them as being wants on my list.

-I'd also would love to see an option to add audio tracks, that adjust to the chords played and the speed set.
-I'd love to see your proposed guitar mode to be compatible with both Rolands as Korgs guitar mode.
-I'd love for a Matrix view that allows me to combine the beat of Var 1 with the guitar track of Var 2 and the Base of Var5 (touch screens allow for much more versatile UI's then hard buttoned arrangers)

Anyway, with enough innovation the possibilities and quallity of soft arrangers should surpass current hardware arrangers while still being rockstable.

My motto is Easy to opperate on the top layer, and infinite tunabillity in the sub menus. As soon as people realise that soft arrangers have more to offer then just playing the styles that where created for the hardware versions... that they have more possbillities and options while still having the same quallity and stabillity, at a fraction of the costs, then they will move to software arranger.

Both V-arranger and live-styler are continuously growing and addapting and have the prommise of surpassing the standard hardware arrangers. But that will take a lot of time and dedication. But some day in the not to distant future we might realise that they have moved past the hardware versions.

http://keyszone.boards.net