Originally Posted By: NavidSyed
can I ask why it is so expensive? 349 Euro for a software arranger?

I am sure it is great, but can't you just buy a Korg Micro or similar and trigger all the VST's in the computer using any VST Host?

what am I missing here? what are advantages of this Varranger? I did bought Live Styler and One Man band a while ago never really liked the interface so not using them... blush

Hi

A Software arranger can be updated over time with new features, a hardware arranger has limited update potential due to the inbuilt hardware, and thus you have to buy a complete new keyboard to keep up to date with the current state of play in the market. (This means that while initially cheap, the fact that you have to buy a new board every 3 years or so, makes it a very expensive option in the long run)

BTW: All arrangers these days are software arrangers (Tyros 4, PA3x etc.) however they will only run on their own hardware thus updates are limited.

Price wise the T4 is approx. 3599 whereas Varranger is 349, so it’s not expensive at all (Remember VArranger can do most of what the T4, PA3x can do, as well as much more)

Bill