Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: abacus

Varranger is newer and has a really slick OS (Microsoft Office) whereas Livestyler has a messy and more convoluted OS (Open Office) which is fine if you have the time, if you don’t than Varranger will be better suited to you as there is less work involved.

Sorry m8, I have to disagree!! Live Styler is every bit as slick as vArranger...maybe you should check ver 14?? Plus vArranger has NO software instrument support,coming, yes, but who knows when exactly and how it will really work, so the argument that it is easy to change sounds (at this stage anyway) does not really hold for vArranger as it is 100% dependent on a hardware device!!

vArranger has NO inbuilt effects systems. It relies on the hardware module still,

vArranger has NO VST or VSTi support, rather you have to have load up an external VST host and then port to that and then back...

All of these things Live Styler has, in addition, with the Plus version, you can automatically play Yamaha, Ketron Roland styles, just load and play... I know this is coming to vArranger but we do not know when..

There are just so many MORE features(just as there are on vArranger-but imho don't justify a 200% price difference) available on Live Styler it would take too long to post here, so the question remains, why what many consider an INFERIOR (but still good) program is DOUBLE the price of the superior one...... which is the suggestion this poster (navidsyad) is making.

I am happy to see you have become to like live-styler that much. Version 14 is really performing well. Tough i have some issues on my laptop, but they seem driver related.

Norbert is also continuosly adding features to live-styler and its far from a death project. I am sure if the fanbase is loud enough, those feautures in Varranger will be eventually added to live-styler.

Leaves me still with the fact that both programs deliver about equall performance but Varranger being 2 times as pricey.

Biggest problems with software arrangers has allways been the soundsource, and OSL seems on the verge of solving that for everyone thanks to you and James.

http://keyszone.boards.net