Thanks Bachus..James will appreciate that too...

Yes I have come to the conclusion that Live Styler in many ways is quite superior to vArranger. In fact I cannot think of one area (apart from the new chord sequencer type function) where vArranger comes close tbh...

And just wait until you see what is coming in version 15 (I have been lucky enough to get a pre-release beta - even more functions!!)

As there is no demo version of vArranger (a big mistake in my view) I managed to get a copy of the manual for vArranger from the vArranger forum, so it is a publicly available document (but NOT directly available from the vArranger web page interestingly enough!!), and it was after reading that that I realised that apart form a nice looking GUI, and nicely mapped controls, it had little real substance...It essentially is a "PC Front-End" for a Ketron SD2 hardware module...

Now I fully expect owners to come out and start decrying all of this, and understandable it is too, especially when they have paid double the price...and THEN having to add the cost of an SD2 Hardware module as well!!!
And for what is imo, as I said, a glorified PC editing and playing front end only..

Now also to be fair, as I said, I believe these things ARE coming to vArranger, tools like VST support, a software sound set instead of relying on the hardware, MAYBE some software effects, ability to run other style formats -and some other stuff I think, but at the double the price for less function???

I don't think so!

It was an outside chance of making it to the OSL, but this lack of function, especially VST and NO software sound base, or even an option to use one, killed it even before considering price.

It is a GREAT program for SD2 owners, and Dan should be proud of what he has actually done, and I am not "bagging" it per se, just from the p.o.v. of the OSL and TRUE fully integrated software arranging and backing. I think it will, however, remain in the realm of boutique software due to obstinate pricing policies where it will be mainly for those folk who can afford to buy many keyboards and bits and pieces and software essentially on a whim..NOT a criticism of those who can, good luck to em I say smile , merely an observation.

Dennis