Hi AJ,
I was referring to the Ketron & Yamaha format the software arrangers play.
VArranger can play my old SD1+ styles reasonably well midied to an sd2. The style format certainly doesn't have the same possibilitie as the Korg PA3X or even PA800 format with it's guitar mode , the 6 cv's for variations based on a variety of chord types (my understanding has always been my sd1 styles that the cv's had to be recorded as maj, min & 7th chords, unless I got that wrong). The ability to have different time signatures in the various style parts. Being able to have 32 bars for a style part including fills etc . It's a very versatile style format.
Personally I think the software arrangers are good value for money for one's pc, but , if I was going to spend thousands of dollars on a keyboard that used the current available software arrangers, I'd sooner buy an Arranger keyboard be it a Yamaha, ketron , roland or korg.

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
rikkisbears,

When you mention the 'format' not being that good on both Ketron and Yamaha, please expand on what about the format you are refering to. Just curious .... maybe an example or two will help.

Thanks,

AJ

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022