Been a long time since I have been on any forums but I have had a frustrating experience and while I know it can and likely will eventually be resolved, knowing that isn't helping me right now. I guess I just need to vent a little...

I bought a PA800 at the end of August. I really liked it, and coming from working for many years happily with the PA80, I like the sounds and the OS of the board.. Unfortunately, just over 3 months later, the touch screen decided to freeze up and won't work at all. I brought it back to the dealer, as there is an "authorized" repair shop in their building. I left it there and received the floor model as a loaner. This was in the first week of December. I wasn't totally comfortable with the loaner, as it has none of my personalized settings, and it isn't "mine", meaning I don't particularly like being responsible for someone else's board, but at the same time, I was grateful that they let me use it. At about the 10 day mark I called and the repair person stated that he didn't "get around to looking at it yet". He told me he'd let me know as soon as possible.

Well, I let it be, as I was busy as the Holidays came and went. Finally, I called yesterday. I get.. "Hang on a minute.. Oh it's done !!. Really ? Glad I called or else I might have never known. "OK, I am going to pick it up on Saturday" I said, and the repair guy stated that it was fine. Weekdays are difficult for me because of the conflict in hours with my job. I go to pick it up today and the desk guy tells me that there is a $ 75 dollar fee. Really ? It should be under warranty. I just bought it in August. He says he has no control over it because the repair shop is a "separate" entity. I remind him that the people who sold me the board had me bring it to this "separate company" that just happens to be in their store. I argued back and forth, but I had already turned the loaner in and tonight I am playing out so at this point I need the board, so.... Under "protest" I decided that I would either have to pay or I was walking out with no keyboard.... I paid and decided that I would try to straighten it out this week when the owner and the repair guy are there. Again, weekdays and logistics ( the store is an hour plus from me ) are a problem making doing this in person very difficult ... Meanwhile I am a tad aggravated because I feel like the buck is being passed. OK, maybe the repair guy is a separate entity, but did the store even tell him that the board had been sold less than 4 months prior at the time he got it ? Maybe it makes no difference, but I have spent probably 20 grand at this place since the late 80s.. I realize that doesn't "entitle" me to anything, but even before this happened I could not help shake the perception that things changed over the years after they expanded as opposed to when they were a small "hole in the wall". It just seems that the service was a good bit more "personal" and the employees were helpful, and more customer friendly.

But great, I got my PA800 back right ? Except that after 90 seconds of use the screen is again locked up. Now I am out several hours of my time, gas money, and to boot I have NO working Keyboard since I sent the loaner back. I got by with my Tyros 2 just fine, as it is my backup board., but truth be told, I'm just so used to the way Korg does things that I struggle a bit with the navigation on the Tyros. Plus... the Organs and the electric guitar sounds on the Tyros do NOT please my ears all that much( personal preference I know )

Here we go again, round 2 and I am wondering how long it is going to be before this is made right. ... Sorry.. I am beside myself and I just HAD to vent a little...

Edited by Bluezplayer (01/07/12 09:19 PM)