Chas,

I was hoping to hear something from you that was different than what the OP contained, but I guess that's not gonna' happen. Over the past couple decades I've played around with just about every vocal processor made and I have yet to hear one that provided vocal quality remotely close to what the OP posted. When you posted the information about the Roland I first thought that maybe something may have changed, but after listening to the Roland demos that was obviously not the case. I asked that YOU demo the VP-770 and assumed from YOUR post that YOU owned one and could provide the forum with a demo of how it sounds, with and without the processor--just as the OP link provided.

I don't think this has anything to do with Yamaha. From my perspective it's a great, technological advancement in vocal processing through the use of very creative software. And, I suspect the same technology could be applied not only to Yamaha, but other arrangers and synths as well. In this particular instance, the software creator just happened to apply this to a Tyros4. I, for one, applaud such advancements and applaud those who have provided us with the fruits of their labor.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)