Lee and Gary. There are plenty of demos of this capability on the VP770, starting with the Roland site. Why would I make something like this up? Everyone is so busy oooohing and awwwwing over this that they conveniently overlooked everything I said. Since Roland has had this for at least 2, maybe 3 generations now, it's just pure BS to say that "Yamaha is leading the field" in this - just more self-promoting hogwash featuring the 'usual suspects'. In fact, it seems YAMAHA is not behind this at all, just one lone wolf employee. I'm betting a dollar to a donut that this feature never shows up on a Yamaha arranger, ESPECIALLY AS A FREE SOFTWARE UPDATE.

The VP770 will not only do what was done in that video, but everything else I said in my previous post plus a TON more, such as an audio recorder and what is effectively an audio version of a 'chord sequencer'. There is another couple that are members here on SZ (though they haven't posted in awhile) that also own a VP770 and who I am sure will verify everything I have said (or just call your friendly Roland rep and ask him - if you can find one that knows the VP770 and it's capabilities). Like me, they upgraded from the VP550 (which would also do what was done in the video). The number of features added in that upgrade is nothing short of phenomenal.

BTW, Frans was right when he said this was just becoming one big Yamaha promotional site. It seems like no matter what the post topic, the greatness of Yamaha and especially the T4, worms it's way into it. Maybe Nigel should split the GENERAL ARRANGER forum into two parts, Yamaha and Everything else, that way us 'Everything else' folks wouldn't have to be constantly bombarded with a steady stream of marketing propaganda blowing down from the north.

And BTW, Lee and Gary. Your posts sounded a lot more like "Oh yeah, prove it" than "Gee, thanks for the information, I didn't know that". But maybe I'm just being too sensitive.

chas