Originally Posted By: Diki
I am rather more concerned about a keyboard that UPDATES ITS OS than provides me with a completely useless set of sounds and rhythms that I'll never use unless I play in Austria!

Sure a handful of new styles and sounds (at a premium price, mind you) is OK if it fits your need, but it pales in comparison with OS updates that add entirely new capabilities to your arranger, ones that, if you were a Yamaha owner, you would simply HAVE to sell your current arranger and buy the new one, just to get. And Yamaha are just about the ONLY arranger maker that force this on their owners. ALL the other major players provide significant upgrades, usually for free. I don't play a G70.... I play a G90!

Let us not also forget that Roland have an EXTENSIVE library of extra sounds you can add via SRX cards, Korg have Akai import (the widest choice of high quality modestly sized sample sets in the world), and Wersi and Lionstracs have an essentially unlimited choice of third party sounds they can add. I don't even play a G90... I play a G90SRX!

BK-7m has been out less than a few weeks. It ALREADY has an OS upgrade adding things...

Yamaha...?

Yodels. rotf2 Where is the update that adds SA2 capabilities to a T2? Where is the update that adds the T4 sounds to the T3? Where is the update that makes T4 styles compatible with the T3?

computer

So your going to load Akaii samples into a keyboard with DIMM ram and wait about 60 minutes until it boots? At least Yamaha had the forsight to add Flash Ram to the T4 so you can convert your Akaii samples to WAV and then add those samples to Flash Ram. Can you do that on your G90?

And when was the last OS release for the Pa2xpro and the G70?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps