Personally I really like the sound of this thing. It actually sounds pretty realistic. For instance that violin has so many different elements it's crazy! I have yet to hear a keyboard that can reproduce the different articulations of a violin that good. Even the Tyros family doesn't do it that well - in my opinion. The guitars sound pretty good - still a little to go to sound completely realistic - but they are a lot better than Yamaha's noisy - let's throw in a lot of percussive guitar noises to make it sound real approach. For instance it is really rare to hear fret noise unless the player keeps his/her fingers on the fretboard at all times and slide a bar chord up and down. (Or the player adds it on purpose for effect). In these examples the guitars sound pretty close to what a guitar sounds like in a professional mix. The drums sound good, and the bass is punchy. I also like that the overall sound is not too compressed, that way this board is pretty usable in the studio as well. Oh man.... now I'm torn between this baby and the BK-7m. I'm glad Yamaha didn't release the PSR-920 and PSR-720 at Musikmesse, then the choice would be even more difficult.

DocZ