Ian, I can also keep repeating the same tired cliche that the T4 sounds little different to the T3 (or T2). Doesn't make it so, does it?

You have said you have hardly spent any time with a PA2X, have NEVER played a PA3X, and here you are spouting the same thing that you would criticize me for saying... Why not just wait for the dust to settle, wait for the official demos to come out, and then bless us with your judgment once you have something solid to base it on?

If all you had to judge the T4 on was people mostly playing T3 sounds and styles on poor web demos, how tolerant would you be of people saying that, 'well, if these guys haven't played many new sounds or styles, I guess there aren't many in there'..?

You know perfectly well that Yamaha are not going to release a new arranger without a significant number of new styles and new sounds. And, if you could just FOR ONCE step back a bit from your Yamaha evangelism, you might be honest enough to admit that every OTHER arranger manufacturer is going to do the same. Just because we haven't heard them, doesn't mean they aren't in there...