Originally Posted By: spalding1968
Well Ian. Those that thought a whole new instrument was going to be demoed different to what we heard at namm were just cloud gazing. You know ....seeing shapes and faces in the clouds that actually were never there.

If these demos impressed in terms of sound then really thats no surprise as its a Korg PA2X oh wait it says PA3X...that cant be right can it ???? ... :-) I know we will probably have to wait another 3 months for the finished product (oops that excuse was already used ) to .....or perhaps we are still seeing and hearing the prototype.(nope that was used too) ..or maybe this was not REAL demo ( that too) , maybe this guy is just a sales rep with the first keyboard which will be updated with the proper OS later.(not this time) ..or.... or...

Amnyone fancy spending money to upgrade on this needs reasons other than the quality of sound.

Sounds just like the PA2XPro to me, Spalding. Like you (and you own a Korg arranger) I can't hear any change, however subtle it might be.

And, I also agree that anyone buying this arranger would be doing so for reasons other than an increase in the quality of sounds, although I suspect not many will want to pay that much money for a Chord Sequencer...there weren't too many that missed it when it was dropped from the Roland arrangers, so I have a feeling it won't mean all that much to the Korgians, who never had it in the first place.

I sure hope that there will be better demos of this new instrument, or, I'm afraid there will be a lot of disappointed people that have waited patiently for a replacement for their PA2XPro, or even the PA800.

Any sign of these instruments coming your way, so we can get a review from you?

Ian