Somewhere along the SZ yellow brick road - about two years ago, I believe - Donny changed from being a chippy, helpful ol' guy into a grumpy, spiteful old man. Was it because of new members or comments about his ways and means of entertaining? I don't know, but I know he changed. Maybe it was something altogether unrelated to the Zone, but has resulted in his changed behavior. I do know that Donny has always been friendly and helpful to me. He likes to use a lot of SMFs in his act, and that's too bad for some of the arranger purists here - I use them too. Have you ever compared DNJ's midis to the originals - they're a world apart. Donny probably spends as much, if not more, time grooming his songs as anyone on the SZ.

Diki has always had a sharp edge to his words - something we've all commented on at one time or another. I don't think all of it is meant to be mean-spirited. I think his sense of humor often gets lost in his pointed comments - maybe??? Anyway, they sometimes come across as mean and rough.

I do not condone Donny's or Diki's sniping. I think they have often been too rude and over the top - not my style or to my liking. I don't know how or why any of that happens, but it is not good. A little tension is fine and healthy, but Nigel and we cannot continue to let such acidic behavior eat away at the core of SZ. YET, many say they miss the diabolical duo, so something of value is there. I simply plead to D&D to reconsider their collective behaviors, attempt to see that we do want them here and come back with improved and restrained attitudes and comments.

This is JMHO, and probably doesn't make much sense anyway, but I felt I had to say something.