....a funeral dirge? Seems appropriate for how dead everything is around here. Looks like those handful of members that can't tolerate even an ounce of dissension around here finally got their wish. Dull, boring, uninspired drivel that's guaranteed to drive away all but the most seriously addicted.

The problem with 'driving off' or 'restricting' some of our most interesting, knowledgeable, and articulate members, is that, despite their sometimes quirky personalities, we lose the 'soul' of Synthzone; the essence of what makes SZ one of the most addictive forums on the net.

Since we don't live in a perfect world, why do we expect components like this to be perfect? SZ has often been described as a 'dysfunctional family', but in truth, aren't those kind the most fun? And couldn't most families be described that way? What would a family reunion be without weird uncle Al? Maybe it's time to stop trying to make Synthzone into a Sunday school picnic and allow adult discussion and conversation to take place. If an occasional 'dust up' happens, so what? Nigel knows how to keep it from going too far. But it's those that scream and yell at the first sign of anything perceived as 'unpleasant' but who themselves offer nothing of substance to sustain interest in the forum, that are actually doing more to contribute to SZ's demise than any so-called 'controversial' members.

The reason for this rant; I'm bored. Not with my life, but with the current state of Synthzone. Frankly, there haven't been many postings lately that have inspired a lot of responses (probably including this one). I say, let's get back to an environment that allows good adult discussion and where polite dissent isn't automatically construed as a 'dust up'. Bring back the 'warriors'. I'd rather die with a sword in my hand than from boredom.

As usual, JMO.

Peace (but not too much of it).

chas