Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Bill, how can you advocate permanent removal of Donny? His opinions are well known and he rarely does any real harm. It's a well-known fact the he and Diki are like magnets - they are attracted to each other in some ways, but in others they are complete opposites and repel (repulse) each other.

An explanation: I just think a grown man who has had multiple suspensions should be shown the door. This isn't Donny's Place or Bill's Place or Gary or Cass' Place. (It is, Nigel's Place, I suppose!) Other than Nigel, there isn't a single member who the SZ couldn't carry on without. Message boards change over time. It changed when Uncle Dave left...it changed when Esh left and it changed when Scott Yee left and so on. The SZ is still here.

I hate negativity. Music is challenging enough already without getting it from so-called experts on a website that's supposed to be generally encouraging.

IMO, the rudeness and repeat offenses outweighs the expertise and experience he offered. The back & forth with Diki just added to it.

Since it seems when and not if he'll be returning, I truly hope its different this time. If we finally just get the good stuff, then Nigel will have made the right call and I'll say so publicly. If Donny's finds himself in the middle of more bickering and negativity...Then, Nigel may have gone to the well once too often.

Nigel is a helluva decent guy with a long patience streak. Its to his credit that he's (again) hoping that things work out differently this time. Time will tell...

------------------
Bill in Dayton