Sometimes, broad strokes are what's called for....

Conceited? I wasn't trying to be. I honestly think that many members here have gone through the same thing. But all too often, we let ourselves get caught up in the technology, and forget that 'music' isn't really about little tiny snippets of repeated loops (unless you are into hiphop!), but about the conversation between humans with instruments in their hands.

After all, all of the music (or most of it, at least) that we are trying to play hasn't got ANY machines on it. We are trying to use machines to play music that was made by humans. That's an uphill battle, at best!

Sorry you think this has no place on YOUR thread... Funny, but I thought it was OUR forum (it's Nigel's, really ). And that these things are sort of conversations. Next time you have a conversation with your friends, when you get to the end of it, try to remember if that is still on where it started... Chances are, it isn't.

As a follow on to someone that questions continuing to use live players, or go to OMB completely, I thought that an examination of our attitudes towards 'live' versus 'arranger' music MIGHT still be OT.

My mistake...