Good comments all...

No rockets, but yeah, I disagree with you 1000000% Diki about playing an arranger is no different from a karaoke thing.

I can see where in theory, you'd might imagine that, but in reality, its a (advance apology for the harshness of the word...) sign of ignorance on your part.

#1, the obvious difference is that as a karoake singer, you're pretty well at the mercy of the file your singing to. When I play, the kb follows my commands. I interact with it...

Sometimes I ride a style, sometimes I clean one out and only use a portion of it...other times, I don't use a style at all but just play the kb straight. All the while singing. Changing instruments, breaking down a section, modulating, etc. Can a kareoke singer effect a key change on demand? Nope...

If you were close to me I'd love for you to come out and take in one of my gigs. From all the stuff I've read from you over the last several months...I don't think you compare what I do every day to a kareoke thing.

I'd like to think that I'm honest with myself and what I do...Working regularly as a omb and in a quartet I understand the difference, for sure. It IS different, yes...There is interaction, perhaps in a different way, but its there.

------------------
Bill in Dayton