I think Korg has little worry about the copyright issue at the moment due to the fact that sales of the MS are negligible (in their terms), and they view the MS as no competition whatsoever.

But should it ever start to cut into their sales in any significant way, we'll probably see a re-visit of the issue.

The way I see it at the moment, few are actually using the MS as a straight ahead arranger other than maybe his hard core Serbian speed-freak users (do these guys actually know how to play a whole note? Just kidding, guys! Don't fatwah me ). As far as I can figure out, most over here, at least, are just using it as a sort of Muse Receptor with a keyboard attached (nobody posts much, that's for sure).

So this doesn't really compete with any of Korg's products, being an utterly different thing. It would probably cost them more to sue than what they could recover given a favorable ruling....

But, as I've said before, I will be interested in Dom's response if anyone ever cracks the MS software, and releases it for free so anyone with a PC can run Mediastation without buying one of Dom's dongles (er, I mean keyboard). And then bragging about it in public and going 'where are all Dom's lawyers? Bring it on!'

Copyright infringement and intellectual property theft are a LOT more serious an issue when it's YOUR intellectual property being stolen, eh Dom?