Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Mike, I can save you some time...the Tyros3 will be 61 keys.

Ian

Did Yoshihiro Doi tell you that personally Ian or was it from some other reliable source? What authority do you have to make such a bold statement Ian? I'm not trying to belittle you of course I'm just curious that your relationship with Yamaha is such that you can definitively make such a bold assertion. Did you marry into the Yamaha corporate family? Even though Yamaha said NO to a subsequent 76 key high-end Arranger years ago doesn't mean that they might reconsider and forge ahead in the future does it? Especially since just recently there has been a shake up of how operations are run on the corporate and manufacturing level and how subsequent products are being assessed and produced from these changes and new directives. Like thinking outside the box and encouraging more direct input from fellow staff members. That said, I hope you're not the one telling Yammie to keep the status quo Ian.

I try and keep a glimmer of hope that Yamaha will surprise everybody and do what once to them was the unthinkable; that is, to put their pinky in the water and decide to dive into the 76 key high-end arranger arena again. If you are Yoshi Doi's mouthpiece Ian then I guess we can take your words to the bank. If there are other sources telling you it won't happen I would like to know who the other sources are that are telling you that. In other words, are you speaking for yourself or has someone else told you this information? If it is someone else telling you, how close to the top of the ladder are they? I mean, is it Steve Deming, or Yoshi Doi, or some other high up executive? I'm curious.

Best,
Mike