The Pa2x will retail for roughly $4,950.00 USD and you figure a street of maybe $4,200. The Tyros2 originally retailed for $4,090.00 and now can be bought for under $3,500. The Korg, on the other hand, will have 76 keys, a real Sampler (with micro editing), Dual Sequencers (both with micro editing) 2 USB 2.0 & 1 USB 1.1 slots, real physical sliders, standard 2.5" hard drive included, TC Helicon VH, XLR Mic input, Dual MP3 player & recorder, Digital Out, and Motorized tilt screen. The Pa2x street price is evidently going to be about $800 more than a currently priced Tyros2. Are the extras worth it? We report, you decide.. Also it is worthy to note that the Pa2x will have a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase.

Now if Korg could just fix those hiccups with the variation fill-ins then we'd all be happy.. ier...

I'm sorry though. I think Korg is on to something with the Pa2x but in my opinion the 2x is basically a rehashed 1x with a few extra goodies added on. And there is still no word as to how much PCM WAV ROM the Pa2x has either. But I'm sure it's going to be compressed regardless. You think after paying an arm and a leg for a keyboard they would give you uncompressed WAV ROM standard. But with Korg you have to pay double i.e. eight Grand plus $$$$$$$$ for an OASYS for that privilege apparently.

I am going to bide my time and wait for Yammie to release its T2 successor. If they don't release a 76 key version I will then proceed to give the Korg Pa2x some more serious consideration. >> Maybe Korg will by then have fixed the fill-in/variation anomaly with an OS update too.

And by that time or possibly way before that time Roland may suprise us all with a stupendously magnificent 76 key ULTRA G-90 Arranger Workstation that will blow everything else out of the water including the Tyros3 or whatever it is that Yammie decides to call it. The kicker for the new Roland will be its weight factor i.e. will it be light enough for easy portability, and the price point. That goes for the Yammie also if indeed they decide to produce a 76 key version with all the bells and whistles as I'm sure Roland will do (bells and whistles) and as we've seen Korg do with the Pa2x. Although the weight on the Pa2x is borderline especially minus any built-in speakers, and the price is starting to reach into the stratosphere. As in.. How much did you say it was again? Could you repeat that please?? You said how much again!?!?!? Whoa! Ah, could you help me sit down please.. I need some oxygen since were up here in the 'stratosphere'. I think I'm gonna pass out.

Best,
Mike