Following these posts on the Zone, I just can't understand why Yamaha's last 76-er was the 9000 pro.

Clearly the desire for a 76 key Tyros is there. As keybplayer stated, if Roland can make the Fantom X7 at only 32 lbs, Yamaha can certainly make a 76 key Tyros and keep its weight down too.

I'll say this though, if Yammie adds the extra keys (just by the price history), I wouldn't be shocked if they jumped that price up by several hundred dollars.

Here's what I don't understand. Look at the Korg PA1X Pro's price compared to the Tyros 2. The online price for these models is a difference of what $100.00? The PA1X Pro, gives you 76 keys, and a touch color screen (of course touch screen navigation works for some and not others), but $100.00 Difference and the Korg has 76 keys.

There's no excuse for Yammie to not include 76 keys on a future Tyros. They're building them cheaper, using lower quality parts yet still asking the high price.

It's time for Yamaha to release a 76 key pro arranger, and KEEP THE PRICE WITHIN REASON.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.