The thing that annoys me the most is that Yamaha tried to create an entirely NEW arranger in the 9000Pro. This wasn't a larger keyboard version of what WAS selling well, it was an entirely NEW product. (And EXTREMELY poorly tested, from all accounts).

Nobody (well, not many, anyway!) is screaming for a brand new, from the ground-up Yamaha arranger with a million bells and whistles and a 76... they just want a T2 or S900 with a bit bigger keyboard tacked on. Hardly something that takes a fortune in R&D to develop...

And I'm sorry, Ian, but your constant contention that Yamaha ARE the market leaders, so NO change is ever necessary hardly does you justice. If NO change were ever necessary, NO change would ever be made, hardly the case with constant (or at least bi- or tri-yearly) new models.

There didn't used to be a sampler on Yamaha arrangers. I guess, back then, to the folks that said they would like a sampler, you would have said, 'Yamaha are the market leader, and samplers are for professionals. This is a 'home' keyboard, why would Yamaha put a 'pro' feature on a 'home' keyboard?'

Well, they DID... Idiots, weren't they..?

Maybe, instead of spending ALL your time constantly defending Yamaha no matter WHAT they do, you just took a little time off from your 'manning the ramparts' stance, and just looked at the simple fact that SCORES of members at this site have cried out for a 76, even some who already have 61's. I guess that, just because the S900 suits you perfectly (but of course, so did the 3k, and probably the Yamaha before THAT and so on - it's a good job SOMEBODY wants just a little bit more, isn't it?) there should be NO possible improvement to Yamaha's line.

After all, it's all about YOU, not the dozens of other Yamaha users here, isn't it?

No, the sad truth is, if Yamaha DID make a 76 PSR or T2, you would be defending it, and the company's policy of making it, as strongly as you attack anyone's opinion that there should be one, now that there isn't. Yamaha could make a 44 note arranger and you would be perfectly OK with that, too, I suppose. The fact that you can't bring yourself to publicly criticize ANYTHING that Yamaha does, I'm afraid relegates your OPINIONS (because they are CERTAINLY not Yamaha official PR releases) to the level of used-car dealer patter. (Of COURSE it doesn't need a cup holder - cup holders are a TRUCK feature! )

And any salesman (or manufacturer) that constantly disregards the requests of their customers, sooner or later finds out that their customers have gone somewhere else.

Just for once, try to imagine that you are addressing a bunch of fellow arranger USERS, instead of some dumb 'home keyboard' customers, and dial back the company line, OK, Ian?