James is James Burton, the living legend guitarist. Started out with Ricky Nelson but is most famous for being Elvis' guitarist for nine years. Guitarist for many other touring acts. Still touring and doing session work. Next week, hosts the James Burton International Guitar Festival with a BIG SHOW at the Municipal with many other living legend guitar gods.

Okay, I'm gonna stick with the first version for now. Later, I'll run both versions by more people.

Think of it this way. There were a few reasons I had wanted to try rockabilly. First, uptempo and bouncy is favored in the songwriting world. Most songwriters have difficulty writing uptempo. Ballads are a dime a dozen. Although, this was never a ballad. But if you have two ways to go with a song, the snappy one will get the most attention. Of course, the song has to work.

Second, rockabilly was largely brought to the forefront at this building. Johnny Cash, Elvis, even in some Hank Williams, you can hear what would become rockabilly.

Third, James Burton. I thought he would love it a whole lot more if it were rockabilly because he is credited with 'inventing' the 'chicken-pickin' guitar style. I could have a good guitarist on this song tear it up.

EDIT: And I have TONS of story songs that are not bouncy and free. PLENTY!

So, I dunno but for now, first version. Thanks to all!

As far as giving up, heck, I'm not giving up, that was just a funny. I might give up for a few hours but that's it!

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 08-11-2005).]