Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

I don't care HOW many new features the next OS has....

Styles, Styles. Styles........ That's all anyone cares about, first and foremost.

Sorry, I disagree vehemently on this point. Styles can be added post-production when the keyboard is in the field. If I remember correctly, Lionstracs were going to write a style conversion engine that would allow a user of the keyboard to pretty much dump all the styles from one of the "Brand" arrangers into the Mediastation, then map them to internal Giga sounds. (Domenick, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Domenick's main responsibility is to get as much value and technology into the board and release it into public domain. Since it is an "Open" platform, Sounds, Wav's, MP3's, Styles can all be added for each individual user. What is the point of keeping the keyboard in the factory until the styles are build and polished?

I actually applaud Lionstracs aggressive approach to this board. The business model took guts and was very risky, but after 2 years, I have to tell you, I am very interested in this board.

The concept of an Open system which won't be obsolete in 2-5 years is very sexy. You can buy Professional Styles anywhere or make your own, but can you program your own VST manager? NO!

You have to admit, this is fun talking about this board and the potential it holds.

Just my two or three cents..

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps