Hi Richard,
thank you for your very detailed answer.
16 tracks ( wow ).
I agree you woundn't want too many instrument changes throughout a style.
When I edit a style for OMB I usually swap the tracks around to try and avoid unnecessary program changes ie try & keep strings on just say channel 14, guitar on 12 etc etc

Hopefully Aust. will have a distributer.
Supposedly we have one but haven't managed to find a Mediastation on their website as yet.

Thanks again

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by richard_shiflet:
[B]

As to your question about having individual tracks change voices within a style.
I don't think that this is an option currently supported, Domenik can correct me if I'm wrong. However there seems to be an easy workaround.

As the Mediastation can handle 16 individual tracks, in the example above using 3 variations with different instrument sets, you could try the following: lets say we wanted to use audio drum loops for the percussion, a different audio wave file for each variation. Let's also assume that we have chosen a very good quality Giga Bass that will be the same on all tracks. Then with the remaining 15 tracks we could use 3 different sets of instruments for accompaniment on the 3 variations. Each containing 5 instruments unique to one variation. 3 sets of 5 different instruments in addition to the audio drums and giga bass, that's 7 instruments at a time. You probably wouldn't need more and if you did you still have access to the other 10 instrument not already in use in a particular variation.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022