[QUOTE]Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Can the Mediastation styles use a variety of sounds throughout a style ie
variation 1 style track 3 48 strings
variation 2 style track 3 51 synth strings
variation 3 style track 3 53 choir
does it accept these sort of program changes in realtime or do you have to use
style track 3 48 strings throughout that style??

Thank you
best wishes
Rikki

Hi Rikki
is your ID in yahoo: Kats...? If are you, I have replyed to your message but never get back a reply of mine. Anyway if you will contact me, post the message in my web page: Contact us.

About the style:
IF I have good understand, I think you are able to make the styles pattern with the sounds change that you like.
First: when we load one style, we will load ONE time the all program change available inside of all the midifiles. After the style is loaded, we will not send more program change because this will send midi latency and is possible to lose some Note.

The MS arranger work with the full 16 Midifile tracks Channels system and not only 8 tracks like the all others arrangers.

anyway, we have fixed some tracks in this way:
Channel 2: Bass line, use always this CH for the Bass line.
Channel 9+10+11+12 for the Drumsets ( 4 independents midichannels without Transpose mode)
All the remain midi channles are available to record Chords/solist parts.
With the 4 tracks drums you have the freedom to programming complex Drums parts.
Example:
1)You can use the standard midi CH 10 for 1 GM/GS drumkits or GIGA GM drumkits for the all standard Drums and percussion sets.
2) IF you like, in the CH 9, you can load one GIGA Drum Instruments, like the Bass Drums, this GIH instruments is full of ONLY Bass drums and you choose under the midi note the Bass drum that you like better.
3) load again one new GIGA Drum SNARES Instruments in the midi CH 11 and write the note line of the only SNARES that you like better, the SNARES Instruments is full of ONLY snares sounds.
4) Load again in the midi CH 12 one GIGA Hit-Hat instruments OR GIGA ( or GM sounds palette) Percussion sets and record the note line.
result:
now you have 4 independent DRUMS tracks, where in each track you can edit the Volume, Pan Pot, Reverb Send, Chorus send. In this way you are able to MIX the drumkits how you like and make up to 12 different soundset palette of each style too.

Then IF you like have in some Pattern ( intro, Var1,2, 3...) diferent sounds, just COPY/PASTE the midi track in your SEQ and change the midi channels in the new SEQ track.
Example: one Variation 1 pattern can have only 4-5 Midi tracks working and the Variation 4: can have the full 16 Tracks working.
The MS will always play the all tracks found inside the midifile and transmit the midi note in the engine that you like: GM/GS sounds or GIGA instruments.
This MS arranger system allow you to make styles how you like and configuring the Tracks in the engine that you like.

IF you need a special sounds that we dont have in the GIGA soundbank, then make the GIG instruments yourself under gigastudio and use it for make your style.
When the style is ready under your Windows PC, copy the new GIGA instruments inside the MS Gigalibrary.
Open the MS editor, open the Midi Track used for this sound, select GIGA sound key and browse the file editor to the GIGA instruments that you made yourself.
press Enter for loading it, edit the volume, pan, revrb.. and press SAVE.

Now your MS style wil play the all sounds in realtime that you have saved before.

Note: Giga sound need to preload in the Ram chace for streaming.. if you make new giga instrument with 1 Layer only and about 30-50Mb file, the MS will load it in about 0.5 seconds and then you are ready to play the style.
IF in one tracks you link the Piano Bosendoerfer 290, 1900Mb file, the arranger start anyway to play the all sounds available and when the Bosendoefer is loaded ( about 10-15 sencods) the arranger will play the note of this Big Piano too.

So..is a compromise system, can be Fast to load and play a styles or can be slow IF you will load 2-3GB of GIGA sounds ( untill they are ready in chace)
Styles with Audio wav dont have loading latency, because we streaming from HD in realtime, this audio style can be 500Mb too and we start immediatley.

Let me know if you need more info or contact me in Yahoo.
Domenik