Thanks for that Dom and Ensnare you. So if i have understood this the following is possible on both the wersi and the MS
1. You can have installed and available potentially more than 4 VST' sounds on the machine at anyone time subject to polyphony limitations (in case of wersi) and CPU capabilities and Ram
2. Selecting the VST's in normal (eg. piano mode ) is relatively easy to access and use.But selecting sounds to use as arranger backing is much more complex but theorectically possible. From what you are saying dom it sounds like you have managed to deal with Giga sounds more effectively (at least in theory) so that they can be played and used just as a proprietory system would use them and i am keen to see a demo of this .

Either way both boards currently are not ready to play VST's or Giga sounds within styles the way that ordinary arranger players would like to use the sounds. And only the MS has definate plans to be able to play giga samples within styles like an ordinary arranger player would use them but does not do so yet.

If i have understood this correctly then really this needs to be made clear from the outset otherwise customers ready to buy either board right now based upon the theorectical technological potential of the MS or Wersi will get a rude awakening when they actually play the unit.

Thanks for that info on the cost of the OAS7. So in theory updateing the keyboard with the OAS7 plus aditional hard ware purchases could be just under $1000 USD ?

I understand that you are getting a lot for that jump in functionality but i think that the idea of free life time updates via MS would be infinately the more sensible way to go providingthat open systems can actually do what an aranger player wants (at least this one)now as pposed to some time in the future

Last bit comment from me.

Sounds like both Wersi and MS potentially are amazing instruments but their practical use for arranger players is suspect (at least as far as i can see)

The clincher for me is whether the steep learning curve necessary to use either the MS or Wersi is worth the effort based upon the improvement in sounds and styles.

This is why i would love for wersi and MS to repost the styles they have done in this thread using their best giga /vst sounds wihin the styles so that i can hear ( as best as i can from demos on the net ) whether the improved sound is worth the future uncertainty,cost and effort.

Uncertainty = neither manufacturer has provided demo's actually showing the use of the technology that it is theorectically capable of.I am not impressed with the support/responses from either wersi or MS when making queries about the instruments. I would still be reliant on the maufacturer to provide future updates to pull the technological improvemnets toegther in a form a musician (not a technician) can use.

Cost= both instruments are a good chunk of money especially the wersi

Effort= they both sound pretty complicated machines although the increase in potential would be worth it but i have to get past all this "theorising" and see how the reality of the instrument plays out in the hands of a "competant" musician.

Still hoping either Dom or any other MS user would follow through on this request regarding reposting the styles...

Sorry for the long post.

[This message has been edited by Spalding1 (edited 12-22-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Spalding1 (edited 12-22-2006).]