Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
nothing 60 lbs is going to be the future of arranger kb's.
cut the weight in half--now there's the future.

The Wersi Abacus is heavier than the Mediastation and in my opinion Wersi represents the finest arranger/workstation on the market today. When Lionstracs gets the new ISO finished it will be closer in performance to the Wersi in operation but Wersi still has the others beat hands down when it comes to the wonderful factory sounds.

If you base what you buy just from being light weight you aren't going to have many options to choose from and certainly not the best keyboards available. I've yet to see any serious musician limit what he or she will buy because its too heavy, especially if it offers better sound, more features, and superior build quality. My Korg Oasys weighs a ton but that didn't stop me from buying one. If it works for what I need it to do why should I care if its heavy? That's what roadies are for. My Fairlight CMI III weighs almost 200 pounds and cost me more than a small house back in the 1980's but I still bought one. Why? Because it sounds amazing and it's built like a tank!

I think its funny that some people will pay a lot of money for cheap plastic keyboards like the PSR-3000 and Tyros 2 and expect them to hold up under the rigors of everyday use. The PSR-3000 isn't even a professional product designed for extensive daily use, its a home keyboard. Sure the PSR sounds OK, but next to my Wersi it sounds like poop.