I gues the way I look at a keyboard is the same way I looked at a guitar when I was a 17-year-old kid in the U.S. Navy--it was a great tool to make me a better entertainer. I'm a lousy keyboard player, and I cannot read music worth a damned, but when I step in front of a crowd they tell me I'm a damned good entertainer and singer. Over the years I progressed from an acoustic guitar to an electric (several), then back to a 12-string acoustic, which I still play once in a while, then went through a dozen or so keyboards and a couple drum machines. Each of these made me a better entertainer. I do the singing--not a machine, and I can still do a pretty good job with the vocals without using vocal enhancement devices. I guess the bottom line is I'm not a musician--I'm an entertainer, and that's what audiences pay me to do.

One interesting footnote to all this is I ran across a friend who has a karaoke business, and while he's booked fairly good, he tells me that the number of individuals that stand in front of an audience, at least those that are sober at the time, seems to be dropping off dramatically. Most of the time, he's up there singing until the crowd gets plastered out of their minds, then the drunks get up and make fools out of themselves.

Think I pour myself a tall glass of Kickapoo Joy Juice over ice!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)