Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
Remember when Scott Yee asked for the fill to self function as an upgrade for the Tyros1? he asked me whether I could post his concerns on the German forum which I did.Much to my suprise nobody answered either.We thought that this was the end of that, but not so: they did implement this feature with the next update.

Even though I was orginally advised by Steve Deming, that the missing footpedal activated "repeating fill to self" feature on Tyros1 was intentional on Yamaha's part, I'm now 110% convinced that it was merely a Tyros OS programming over-sight, as all previous Yamaha keyboards had included it. I'm grateful that Yamaha Japan finally included it in a subsequent update. It's just too bad it took them (1+ years) so long to act.

Whether Yamaha Japan acted on my request from my postings on Synthzone, Eric's post on the German Yamaha Forum, or from my private email to them, forwarded to Yamaha Japan, from Steve Deming at Yamaha USA, I'll never know.

I'm happy to learn now, that Yamaha Japan's Arranger developers are finally reaching out beyond their own internal corporate buracracy to include arranger kb programming & musician input abroad, not only from Germany, but now the UK, and finally, even talented American musician-software programmers who may perhaps be able to best able to satisfy the arranger style needs of the American arranger keyboard player.

Scott