I am glad to see that those who have or will have the Tyros 2 are proud owners or would be owners.

I think that is an important element in having an instrument; feeling comfortable with it and willing to defend any perceived negative comments about it.

The “nothing” that the pre orderings/purchases were based on is nothing more than what is available on the Internet now.

My reference to wanting a Tyros 2 but not having money was not an attempt to blame Yamaha for that. It was to show that like with a lot of keyboard products (Tyros 2 G70, Pa1x midjay Motif, …) I am sure like others I would like to have. Realistically, with so many keyboard products on the market, one has to make a choice. There is where the “game” is played. All of the products have their strong points. But there is no one that has everything that everyone wants. So its either you play the game of swapping keyboards every year or so, or try to custom your own set-up to suit your needs since no manufacturer, whether willing or unwillingly, is not making the right keyboard.

Regarding 76 keys, I think a lot of people are tired of having to do work-arounds. Yes using the octave up and down buttons would work but why do that if 76 keys can do it?

Believe me I understand the business reasons for Yamaha (or any other manufacturer for that matter) doing what they are doing. And that’s fine their bottom-line is important to them. But I, along with many other persons, are tired of always helping their bottom-line and playing their games while “we” are not getting exactly what “we” want and are constantly having to do work-arounds.

Lets face it arrangers are not made for the profession gigging musicians in mind “we” are just unintended buyers of arrangers. So trying to get the features “we” want would be fruitless. So I think it is important for manufacturers to know that a good number of persons are dissatisfied and are prepared to go a different way if they don’t start listening to “us”. If “we” are a smaller market of a small market then manufacturers would have know problem in saying “forget about ‘them’, we will just continue to exploit the home and novice arranger market.”

The next keyboard manufacturer who hopes to unveil a flagship keyboard had better be doing their homework and not give “us” a half step in terms of features and ground breaking technology. They better be thinking in the way of a strong housing for the keyboard, a light 76 keyboard or both a 61 and 76 version, at least 8-track multitrack recorder with full editing features, XLR inputs, phantom power ... which would be important for gigging and studio musicians.