Frank,
if Ketron fixes some of the SD1's bugs (especially the noisy DSP but also the OS, which is non as intuitive as Yamaha's... and that's a BIG understatement...) I would consider it as a buy.
The styles are very good, probably the best as far as "musical usefulness" goes.
The SD1 sounds are impressive too, even if probably a bit over-equalized in the midrange area.
The 9000 pro seems a very safe buy (you can't go wrong with it), except that probably it is at the end of its commercial life and Yamaha is squeezing the last drops out of it, pouring many of its features in the 2000 and so preparing the advent of their next top of the line model.
I love the Roland sounds and styles too much (maybe it's just a matter of being accustomed to them) and will part with my VA 7 only when the next "top" Roland will come out.
A line-up of VA 7, 9000 pro and SD1 would be terrific indeed, but choosing between 9000 pro and SD1 it's like choosing between rationality (9000 pro) and passion (SD1)....frankly, I am glad that I haven't to do that...
Regards,
Andrea