If we are talking Lounge music, entertaining in Church, elderly homes etc, then yes, The Yamaha 9000 (or any top arranger for that matter) will suffice more than a Korg Triton, or most Pro keyboards for that matter. It was the response by the man I "Quoted" that thought the PSR keyboards were cheesy, and had nothing to offer him. I don't totally agree with him fully. There is a trade-off somewhere you know.

As for "Earning a living from the Triton", well, there will be no one out there making a living just from this keyboard alone (might be exceptions I don't know), but will be a blend of keyboards/Module like a Triton, XV5080 module, Roland A90/FP3 Controller for example - with "External" amplification of course. The End result will be a more Pro sound than a Single Arranger - no bones about it, even if portability isn't the word of the day

As a Single Keyboard - and NOTHING ELSE WHATSOEVER for creating a polished performance, You’re looking Yamaha 9000, Technics KN5000/6000, Solton SD1(with Ex/Amp), Korg PA80 etc. You will get a good sound with these keyboards, and for portability, can't be beaten. However, if you want a little extra for making a more Professional sound, a few add-ons may be required, but only if "YOU" need them.

A Great Set-up for me (for example) would be a Top Arranger, A Top Synth, And a Stage Piano, with the necessary amplification/out-board(s) etc. On the other hand, if you can make great music with a $1000 Keyboard like a Yamaha PSR2000 and nothing else - and be happy with it, then enjoy!

O8