OK OK OK ! The gauntlet has been thrown!

I tried NOT to respond to that hogwash that O8 posted, but I just can't listen to this crap anymore.
"PRO" players are the ones making the money, and the hardest working, most versatile players are doing "lounge gigs" (....he said with distain), retirement centers, and private parties. Dance clubs and R&R gigs do not define the players, and jazz cats rarely make any REAL money, until they hit the big time.

I'm sick of the MTV mentality that is brainwashing the players of tomorrow into thinking that ALL guitars are played through Marshal amps, and all KB players need the latest offering from the big three...etc.
There is a sad truth in the world of music that is taking the CREATION of the art OUT of the art form! As sampling, looping and auto stuff becomes more prevalent -- the need for chops, and discipline will disappear. It's almost gone already.

I realize that the psr keyboards have limitations, but no more than the Tritons and Karmas do -- they are all basically "specialty" boards with a specific purpose in mind.
Ask any aspiring Hip-Hop artist what to buy and they will tell you "Triton" without hesitation. Years ago, the Roland TR808 drum machine redefined the age of mechanical drums with it's electronic sound that is still sought after today. It was the defining tone of early rap and is STILL used on many recordings. The funny thing is - Roland was trying to make an acoustic sound, but technology was still in it's infancy, and refused to cooperate ! We learned to love the sound as a new creation -- same as the key click on the B3 - another FAULT that became a standard of excellence!

Please DO NOT listen to the rambling of the ignorant when this noble profession is challenged! Today's professional musician needs to be a chameleon, and unless you can change with the times - you will not make it in this difficult and rewarding profession. A "PRO" player can satisfy the crowd, set a pace in the room, present a personality that can really be "felt" with the music -- all these things have NOTHING to do with the instrument used. I appreciate useful features that enhance my performances, but the real "bread & butter" of the art comes from HOW you play the crowd! Sure, you need to play your instrument well, but the true connection to the audience is NEVER one sided. The heart and soul of the performer needs to come through every show, and if it doesn't -- all the chops in the world will not make a successful show.

So please -- don't categorize me with the "Korg Pros" or the "Roland Pros" or any OTHER kind of pro.

I'm an entertainer, a musician, and a fan of music.

I am a professional by definition.

I support my family and sustain my emotional drive with music.

There are NO rules for my job - I set the pace, the tunes, the price and the mood.

Being a PRO does not, and WILL NEVER be defined by what I own.

If you think that money can buy talent, you are probably not in the minority -- but you are SADLY misguided, my sad friend. Do us all a favor -- and go play your Korg....just don't expect us to listen.

We have work to do........
That's what pros do.
We work.
Nuff said.