Frank, I know how you feel. I am in the same situation as you...after Two Keyboards. However, I am not going to get TWO Arrangers, but an Arranger, AND a Synth/Workstation/Stage Piano like: Kn6500/Yamaha 9000/PA80(?), And a Synth: Karma, Triton, "Fantom", RD700/XV-88, XP30, XP80, YAMAHA S80, MOTIF, Triton LE.......
Err, that’s right, I am stuck for choice too Frank! A Synth Arranger Combination could be awesome if i get it right, and Uncle Dave has been advising me on these matters on General forum .

Dave, the Roland Fantom really appeals to me for some reason I don't know. Maybe its because its the 76 keys - yep – got to be that I think. I only wish people on other forums didn't keep putting this Fantom "Down", and keep saying "Another Roland Re-hash etc". I don't take all their comments too seriously, but they get me thinking a little. The Fantom is said to be a Roland XV5080 Synth Engine, well, if this is true, then it will be a very good Synth I would say, with the ability to put JV & XV cards in (unlike the RD700).
I would love to hear some positive comments on the Fantom, as I don't believe its as bad as people are saying. Maybe people just wanted more from a new Roland product.

I've narrowed down the arranger to TWO now: 9000 Pro, and Kn6500, So choosing the Synth may be more of a difficult decision. I would like to know, for example, if the Roland Fantom shares the same Piano's as the Stage ones (or there abouts anyway). As for TWO arraners, I'm not sure how I would go on integtrating a Kn6500 with a Yamaha 9000/Solton etc. I think one TOP arranger is enough to be honest, with a added synth (a good one) or something to go along side it. Rumours of a "Triton Studio" coming out at NAMM sounds good mind you

Happy new year folks

NR

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 01-01-2002).]