I would like to thank you all for your great replies and suggestions. They are all "a good read". Now that it seems that the X1 seems to be edging out the competition, that's where I'll be focusing my research for now. My main question for anybody out there is if the X1 has these abilities.
• The ability to play at random recorded songs (at least 20) without a gap between. Yamaha techs say their newer machines can't!
Yet my old lower end PSR-500 does?!!
• The ability to download other styles especially "Middle Eastern" and Polka should the need arise via the internet or an other way. I mainly do a lot of Jewish gigs...
• The ability to make full notation including the accompaniment. (My PSR-500 can't even as of yet be backed up to my Mac. And the Yamaha tech are lousy at helping me on this issue)
• The ability to "Loop" songs so a prerecorded song could play non-stop. (My PSR-500 can do this while all the upper models can't...why?!!!)
• The ability to arrange songs in certain sets and then go back to rearrange them differently. This would be crucial so I could play a different set for each type of event.
• ps...what's the weight?

As you all could see I don't play live very well, but pre-record stuff and then sing. (The Solton dealers have told me that their built in vocalizer even beats Digitechs!... but then again they're not biased, are they?

I guess I'll finish by saying thanks to all of you who have taken the time to reply.
•••••••••••Play On••••••••••