Fran, perhaps I am a whiner who overemphasizes the negatives, so let me take another stab at it. I do like the sounds (when I can find them), and the styles are good; I like the disk link function (it is nicely done in a sense that one can not tell where the style is stored, in memory or on the ZIP). The keyboard is very nice too, one of the best in any instrument. The other nice feature is the number of real-time parts: 2 uppers, 2 lowers, upper3 (allowing to split the upper keyboard into two zones), and melody intelligence part - that's effectively 6 parts, which is better than any competing brand. So if I had no choice, I would buy this instrument again, since this is a big improvement over my previous instrument, Roland e70 in most areas.

However, E70 has two sets of buttons each to select voices and styles, while G1000 only has one set for each. I found out that that was a bigger problem than I initially thought. The other problem is in the organization of its 1100 or so sounds. It is not uncommon to find sounds interspersed among the unrelated groups. For example, I was paging through the Brass sounds only to find a guitar hidden among the various brass sounds. What they were smoking?
I will not repeat myself about the small display. What bothers me more is that other manufactures seem to provide additional new features to their users via software releases (think of Korg, Emu, and others). With Roland it seems to be a sell and forget deal. Sure, there are maintenance releases, which seem to fix some unknown problems and hopefully not create any new ones, but that is hardly enough for a company which wants to project itself as caring about its customers.

Regards, Alex