Guys, The G1000 is the best instrument. If we would spend the time and learn how to use the instrument,it is unmatched with the features . The E2000 has many short cuts [source sliders etc.].Professional use ,Buy the G1000....Alex, I have to disagree"just sound canvas and no edits",Infact there are many PCM samples from the JV/XP series,and you can edit the most important parameters,the save area is the performances[ they can be saved and loaded easily. I have used all the "popular" arrangers extensively, and fortunely could A,B the units one to another in detail. Korg i30[Take off the effects, and listen to the sounds,the effects are overused,but Korg needs the processed sound to sound good]. The great X1,Which I like alot,Compared to live use and control the G1000is the "BIG" winner. By the way, I isolated the sounds on the X1,and found that 80% of the patches are arrived from the SC55 and CM64 [Roland},most are modified usually EQ and keyboard scale. If anybody doubts me , come to my house and I will prove it..[ I wonder, since EDIROL is the licensed vendor for Sound Canvas line, it wouldn't be far fetched, that a Italian company would be supplier to a Italian company[also the Farfisa G7 has many SC55 sounds, and it is a overlooked great keyboard]...Now I'll sit back a wait for the constructive criticism....Seriously ,what ever instrument you use ,learn its capabilities to the fullest, you will get more out of it.....Fran

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 12-27-1999).]