Smuel, I own a Roland G1000, which is functionally equivalent (less D-beam and speakers). You may want to check the Old Arranger keyboard forum, which has a number of messages with user comments about this and other keyboards.
To summarize my opinion about the instrument, the sounds are quite good (I especially like the saxes, and Roland is known for warm pads); the accompaniment patterns are good too (though not quite as good as Solton X1). Roland keyboards use ZIP disk for storage, in addition to a regular floppy. There is no sound editing - you are stuck with Sound Canvas sounds; however, you could use a GS editor program on a computer via MIDI, and save your modified tones as part of the performance memory. However, that saves a whole bunch of other settings, which you may well want to change. Roland has a built in sequencer, and a handy database of songs stored on the ZIP.
Where I really have a problem with this instrument is its ergonomics. The display is inadequately small, so that you have to page down to see things which belong together (like realtime part tone selections). The tone/performance memory and style selection buttons are multiplexed - you have to press button once to select the bank, then another button (in the same set of buttons) to select the individual item - this is a problem if you accidentally do a double-click while trying to select the individual item. Without listing my individual gripes, I would say that the impression I have is that Roland is trying to cut corners wherever it can, and as a result the usability of the instrument really suffers. This might not be important to you (depending on what you want to do), but to me it is really important, especially while playing a solo gig in front of an audience. I also hear that the EM2000 is built even more cheaply than the G1000.

I hope this helps you make up your mind; however, keep in mind that this is only my opinion, and you should definitely try to spend some time with the instrument (in the music store) to form your own opinion.

Regards,Alex