Hi Frank,
I tend to think the drums that are possibly going to cause you the biggest problems are
XG
25 brush tap
26 brush swirl
27 brush tap swirl
they probably won't exist anywhere else in your gm kit except for the Brush Kit. So any style that has brushes , you're going to have to use the brush kit & hope that the style doesn't also use snares, because there's no snare drums in the GM brushkit.

I was originally going to do conversions for my Hypercanvas but in the end I opted for xg mapped drum soundfonts, so I never went ahead. What I had planned on doing was create 2 versions of the conversions for each of the drumsets
One that didn't include brushes ie Standard Kit 1 xg converted to Standard Kit 1 GM
and Standard Kit 1 XG converted to Brush Kit GM ( for styles that included ( 25,26,27 brushes)

Then do the same for the Jazz Kit, and the same for the Brush Kit . Even the XG & GM brush kits aren't the same.
ie 40 in the xg kit is a brush tap wheras in gm it's a brush swirl.

You've got 2 options as to which conversion to use , just say the original kit is tandard 1. either try both and see if the brush or the normal one is the correct conversion,
or you could check the event list before you convert, in each of the style parts and see if brushes 25,26 27 are present in which case you know to use Brush version.

Event List is on Stylemaker Page
Events ( 3rd colum from left).
Double click the event part you're editing & chhoose events. All your notes , controllers etc pop up in a list. ( This one you'll have to work out from note names not numbers)
ie 25 = c#2
26 = D2
27 = Eb2 etc

If you bring up a conversion table, you can click between ( Notation icon) notes & decimal and work out which numbers are the equiv notes.

I'll check your conversions later & get back to you. I've got to dash.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Here's the start of my input information for the development of the drum kit translation table:
Note #'s
XG GM/GS

14 87
13 86
30 85
22 34
21 33
20 32
32 31
18 30
17 29
16 28
15 27

Still part of XG Standard Kit but would
need to call up GM Brush Kit to do the
following:

XG Std GM/GS Brush

25 Brush Tap 38 Brush Tap
26 Brush Swirl L 40 Brush Swirl
27 Brush Slap 39 Brush Slap
28 Brush Swirl H 40 Brush Swirl
29 Snare Roll I don't care

39 Hand Claps Stuff them somewhere!!!

XG Brush Kit GM/GS Brush Kit

31 Brush Slap2 39 Brush Slap
36 Kick Small I don't care!!!
38 Brush Slap3 39 Brush Slap
40 Brush Tap2 38 Brush Tap
41 Tom Brush1 Well?
43 Tom Brush2 "
45 Tom Brush3 "
47 Tom Brush4 "
48 Tom Brush5 "
50 Tom Brush6 "

The first part of the table I got from the Sonar Drum Manager.

Now Rikki if I built a translation or conversion table from this information would you buy me a beer??? As I noted if there are brushes used with XG Standard kits then in those styles one would need to use the GM Brush Kit. The Same would apply to the Jazz Kit. If you are into Toms then you may have to give up!!! .... At least I can't find them???

The only drum kits I plan on using would be the Standard, Jazz and Brush Kits....anything else is to noisy for an old man.

[This message has been edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (edited 12-04-2005).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022