Rikki thanks for your offer.

I did some more testing and found when I do the conversion in OMB and use OMB to play the styles things sound reasonably ok. However, when I take that converted file over to Live - Styler things fall apart.

I would like to keep using Live - Styler and will try to do the conversions using Sonar and CASMEdit. With this setup I can go in and get rid of this 16256 & Bank 127 and load the correct drumkit from Bank 128.

I will let you know how well this works. This is much slower than your approach. I will take another look at M. Bedesem's programs (Midi Player, Midi Fix, etc.). One of the problems could be that OMB takes the additional step within to combine all the drum tracks to channel 10 for playing but saves them separately as 3 channel 10 tracks. If this is the case then Live - Styler may suffer a severe illness in the interpretation of it all. Oh well!!! I remember doing something like this many months ago with good success. I just need to find my information on this.

Just for your information M. Bedesem provides translation table from XG to GM within his help file for the Midi Player. I don't know how well this does the job. In some GM Wavetables there is only one standard drumkit. In Bandstand you get the usual 9 drumkits, I think. So there may be more than one conversion table needed.

Esh, to get my Bandstand setup working I will take a look at reducing the buffer sizes and getting rid of the convolution reverb (very hard on a computer as you noted). It may be possible to load up all your acoustic instruments (once) and from then on things would respond instantly. This would would work if you did not need any of the pads, synth stuff, birds, gunshots and so on. The answer could be staring in my face but I just can't see!!!

On those styles that I can get things to work, e.g., KN5000 converted to PSR, etc. Bandstand sounds pretty good!!!

[This message has been edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (edited 11-26-2005).]