My local dealer where I purched my 2000 said
he would install the chips if he could get them! But they should be replaced free under warranty, they knew it had bugs. I found something tonight! I set up a style in registered memory. Then I set the 4 OTS settings. When your playing a song, say you go from a violin OTS setting & holding the violin note you go to a guitar OTS setting the violin blairs out load on the end of the note! Sometimes going from one setting to another, it cuts out all together!
There is no doubt this board has some bugs!
Yamaha is guilty of false advertizing!
When they advertized the OS to be in
flash memory. Thats what I thought I was buying!!! Was I ever wrong!!

Had I known what I know now I would never have purchased the 2000!
I just rolled out $1100. + bucks ! for this board, don't want to start shelling out more to pay for their mistakes. I would return mine but my dealer is also an old friend. I won't do that to him!
It's a shame! Because really it's quite an amazing midrange board. with so many good features. It's a shame they won't fix their bugs. I thought they were a more understanding company than that!
What makes me mad is their whole additude in this matter! They know they've made a huge mistake, you can't do people that way.
I expect this cut their 2000 sales somewhat!
Well I'll give it a while and see! But if they don't do something about this situation
this my last Yamaha!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 02-06-2002).]