SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#87838 - 11/06/08 11:25 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
A comment about "getting this economy back on track" ...

Gas prices today , here in Baltimore were $2.05 a gallon. 2 months ago $4.00 ...

If gas maintains this price, it should / will immediately put more money in everyone's pocket.With a new sense of hope with the election of Obama, perhaps the consumer confidence will get better as well.

Bill , I really enjoyed your post about chosing Obama. I decided to vote for him and my wife did too. Election night was a very cool thing to witness.

#87839 - 11/06/08 11:56 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
But you might notice I didn't bother to mention any leftys who shouldn't be listened to. They're all mainstream. Only the right wingers should be avoided.

t.

PS This is going to be some 4 years - Obama's not even in office and he's getting credit for lower gas prices and a better economy ...

All I will say is "... So you CAN fool MOST of the people SOME of the time ..."

good luck to us all ...

t.

#87840 - 11/06/08 12:04 PM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
DanO1 Offline

Tony,
Personally, I wasn't giving credit to any one person for the gas prices going down. I was just mentioning a fact that can and will put money in peoples pocket. Don't you like the fact that gas is now 50% less ? I don't care how it happened...

Another saying goes "attitude is everything".
If the general public has a mind set that things may get better, it certainly can have an effect on the economy. It's called consumer confidence ...

Just a thought ... Dan O'

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 11-06-2008).]

#87841 - 11/06/08 04:32 PM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Tony,
Personally, I wasn't giving credit to any one person for the gas prices going down. I was just mentioning a fact that can and will put money in peoples pocket. Don't you like the fact that gas is now 50% less ? I don't care how it happened...
Another saying goes "attitude is everything".
If the general public has a mind set that things may get better, it certainly can have an effect on the economy. It's called consumer confidence ...
Just a thought ... Dan O'

Dan ... my bad ... sorry ...

of course I am enjoying the fact that gas prices have come down, it's just that there was a lot of 'Bush bashing' when they were going up, and, outside of your comments, there is next to nothing being said about them going down ... TV networks were leading into their newscasts with the latest increase in gas prices ... now NOTHING !!!

As far as attitude being everything, and consumer confidence being something that is fed (or not) by the media, I have been saying for months that I wonder what would happen to the housing market if the media started saying that housing prices were on the rise ... I would just bet things would improve ...
t.

#87842 - 11/06/08 04:48 PM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
DanO1 Offline

This is why I am optimistic. This whole Obama thing is not media fed, because he was not elected by the media. Now I know they covered the process, but in the end, it was the people of the United States that needed to get out and vote. My understanding is that this election was the biggest turn out in our history. And despite your politics, it is great to see so many vote.

When I watched McCains concession speach, it was all class and I was proud our country had John McCain in the race. But the emotion of the people for Obama was heart felt.
Obama is a smart man and I am certain he has prepared himself ...

I wish I was a little more polished in my writing skills

#87843 - 11/06/08 08:50 PM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

And as an American, I wish Obama every success ... what choice do I have? ... I love this country, my life in it, and I ain't goin' nowhere ...

BUT, while, yes, the people had to get out and vote, I have to disagree on the media issue ...
the TV networks were CLEARLY all over Obama, but what do we really know about him? .... I would say he is probably the least KNOWN President - Elect we've ever had ...

As for the media, I generally have the Today show on as I get up and have breakfast ... They were so slanted towards the Dems, it was almost embarrassing ... I had to turn the David Letterman show off because of his night after night "bashing" of Sarah Palin, and Leno was no different ...
Our local newspaper never had a positive article about the Reps, and when someone wrote in and they published it, they would follow with two letters in favor of the Dems ... and on, and on, and on ...
All of this greatly influences the American public ...
And believe me, had Sarah Palin been a Democrat, the media would have made her America's darling ... they would have PRAISED her rise from 'humble beginnings' to being a mayor of a small town to becoming Governor ... All this and raising a family too ... I tell you, had she been a Dem, the media would have LOVED her ...

But, now we wait, hope, pray, and do what we can ...
The best to you my friend,

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 11-06-2008).]

#87844 - 11/07/08 02:53 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
This is why I am optimistic. This whole Obama thing is not media fed, because he was not elected by the media. Now I know they covered the process, but in the end, it was the people of the United States that needed to get out and vote. My understanding is that this election was the biggest turn out in our history. And despite your politics, it is great to see so many vote.

When I watched McCains concession speach, it was all class and I was proud our country had John McCain in the race. But the emotion of the people for Obama was heart felt.
Obama is a smart man and I am certain he has prepared himself ...

I wish I was a little more polished in my writing skills

Dan, trust me, your writing skills are just fine.......so is your attitude. Looking back, I am so glad I had the opportunity to do business with a person of integrity.

chas

#87845 - 11/07/08 07:29 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
Notes_Norton Offline

Loc: Ft. Pierce, FL , USA
As far as Palin bashing is concerned, IMHO it was deserved. She has no experience, no class, and was quoted in an AP article saying that we should go to war with Russia -- therefore she also has no brains.

Her nomination was an embarrassment. It would have been a joke if it wasn't so serious.

And don't forget, FOX, Limbaugh and the rest of the Republican-Propaganda-Media have been bashing Hillary for years, PLUS they have called Obama, an Athiest, a Muslim, a Marxist, a Card Carrying Communist, a Racist, a card carrying Black Panther member, and a host of other lies.

I am not for censorship, but I really wish Republican-Propaganda-Media would go away. They repeat the same lies over and over again until people actually believe them.

Remember when they told you Iraq had weapons of mass destruction aimed at our country. Anybody with half a brain and actually uses it instead of swallowing Republican-Propaganda-Media "reports" hook line and sinker would have been able to see through that. When the US was rattling it's sabers at Saddam's door, if he did have them, he would have said, "Attack me and I'll nuke you" After all, at that point he had nothing to lose. Yet the Rep-Prop-Media addicts would yell that we had to invade Iraq to get rid of those WMDs. Fact is, the invasion of Iraq was planned way before 9-11.

So the USA invaded a sovereign country (much like Hitler did in Poland), killed more people than Saddam did, financed the war on credit, and tanked the US economy in the process. We are now over 10 trillion dollars in debt - do you have any idea what the monthly interest is on that loan? After all, we taxpayers are paying that every month.

McCain said we are going to be in Iraq for 100 more years, and Palin wants us to attack Russia - (both AP news quotes).

IMHO anybody who voted for McCain after all that is either incredibly naive or was brainwashed by Republican-Propaganda-Media.

The fact is that the Republicans have been flushing the USA down the toilet for the past 8 years, and the majority of the population was simply sick of it, and decided that Obama was at minimum the lesser of the two evils presented to us.

Oh, and the gas prices came down for one reason. To help McCain in the election. After all he promised millions of dollars of tax breaks for the oil companies if elected -- and you know who would be paying for that tax break -- the low to middle class tax payer.

In light of all of the above, Obama was the logical choice and I am glad he made it.

#87846 - 11/07/08 11:07 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
We're still in Germany. That was over 60 years ago.
BTW, thought you weren't visiting this thread anymore. Guess you keep promises about as good as Obama will. (just had to throw that in)

#87847 - 11/07/08 05:06 PM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
Guess you keep promises about as good as Obama will. (just had to throw that in)

Is it too much to at least wait and see what he does before we tar and feather him? God, I HATE these divisive, hateful, purposeless, statements. I REALLY, REALLY, want to think the best of people, but when they continue to slash away at the guy before he's even done anything, I can only conclude that this is just blind predjudice of the worst kind. Musicians are my favorite people and I'm always ready to cut them a little extra slack, but knowing first hand the destructive power of unreasonable hate and predjudice, I have to say I have my limits.

This has nothing to do with liberal vs conservative except for what conservative has come to mean since the Republican party was hijacked by the religious right who seems to champion bigotry, exclusion, and ignorance (creationism?). Maybe it's okay to present for vice-president someone who can't name the countries that comprise NAFTA, or doesn't know that Africa is a continent and not a country. That as long as she can incite the natives, rouse the rabble, fan the flames of intolerance, in order to elect as otherwise honorable man, she is acceptable. The big loser in all this, John McCain, an authentic American hero, whose legacy is sure to be tarnished by this fiasco.

So go ahead, Rory, an unload on me if you like. I understand that my take on it isn't necessarily gospel. I just have a strong aversion to the whole concept of prejudging based on absolutely nothing.

chas

chas

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online